2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, so i recently bought a 2015 ST, there was a mix up throughout the whole deal, long story short. the dealer is willing to pay for the parts for the headlights of a S GT (the ones with the LED strip etc) i wanted to know if this is possible or not? i have found the main parts id need. but wanted to know if this is even possible? it looks pretty straight forward to me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
hello guys, so i recently bought a 2015 ST, there was a mix up throughout the whole deal, long story short. the dealer is willing to pay for the parts for the headlights of a S GT (the ones with the LED strip etc) i wanted to know if this is possible or not? i have found the main parts id need. but wanted to know if this is even possible? it looks pretty straight forward to me.
If the wiring harnesses are the same, then yes it'll just be a plug-an-play. I can't imagine it being any different even if it has certain things such as HIDs and or adaptive headlights.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the wiring harnesses are the same, then yes it'll just be a plug-an-play. I can't imagine it being any different even if it has certain things such as HIDs and or adaptive headlights.
Well the wiring harness is different, but i mean i can just unplug the old one and plug the new one in. here is the parts and diagram. it will be the 2nd diagram and parts for the s GT headlights.

HEADLAMP COMPONENTS for 2015 Mazda 3

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well the wiring harness is different, but i mean i can just unplug the old one and plug the new one in. here is the parts and diagram. it will be the 2nd diagram and parts for the s GT headlights.

HEADLAMP COMPONENTS for 2015 Mazda 3
Looking at it, it should fit no problem, since the headlights are the same dimensions.

The wiring harness is attached to the headlights anyways so when you remove your Halogen headlights it will all come off. The base connector, where you connect the headlight to the car, for both of them are the same too so it'll connect just fine.

The HID Ballast is located underneath the headlight housing also and they should come preinstalled with bulbs and connected for you already.

Edit: Just to be clear in the diagrams the wiring (#10/11) are attached to the headlights already and will come off with your headlights.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at it, it should fit no problem, since the headlights are the same dimensions.

The wiring harness is attached to the headlights anyways so when you remove your Halogen headlights it will all come off. The base connector, where you connect the headlight to the car, for both of them are the same too so it'll connect just fine.

The HID Ballast is located underneath the headlight housing also and they should come preinstalled with bulbs and connected for you already.

Edit: Just to be clear in the diagrams the wiring (#10/11) are attached to the headlights already and will come off with your headlights.
yeah it seems very straight forward. thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear they're buying the parts for you. Are they going to buy the LED tail lights for you too?
im going see tomorrow, the GM wasnt to convinced about everything being over 3k.. obviously thats from dealer price, he said if i found them somewhere cheaper he would give up the money for me to buy it else were.. so well see..hopefully it all goes well..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so I'm at the dealer right now, looks like theyre going to go order the parts for me ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts