2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring with Tech Package a couple weeks ago, it's a "J"-VIN car, and it supposedly came loaded with all of the goodies. It has Lane Departure and Blind Spot Monitoring, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Heads-Up Display, and i-eLoop. It supposedly has Smart City Brake Support; I only know this because it has an option in the menu for it.

From the reviews I read for this model year on Edmunds and other sites, it's also supposed to have Forward Collision Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control. But I see no indication in the menus, in the instrument cluster, or in the manual that these options exist on my Mazda.

How could I tell for sure? Was there a known gap / range of Mazda3's that were built without these? I don't have the original window sticker so I can't tell from there. My 3 has a 3D rather than 2D Mazda grille emblem; I know on the Mazda6 that the 2D emblem is for the Adaptive Cruise Control radar but I don't see it on the 3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Raj

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The earlier 2014 models with the tech package doesn't have the adaptive cruise control (radar cruise control) option. When the 2014 first came out, the tech package was $1600 and did not include ACC. It was later that it came out with ACC in the tech package which costs $2600. If you have a regular emblem up front then you don't have ACC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The earlier 2014 models with the tech package doesn't have the adaptive cruise control (radar cruise control) option. When the 2014 first came out, the tech package was $1600 and did not include ACC. It was later that it came out with ACC in the tech package which costs $2600. If you have a regular emblem up front then you don't have ACC.
:| Crap I wish I'd known that, the dealer's description said it had it, but they also have a disclaimer. Oh well, here's hoping I don't crash without warning. :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts