2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend at work who just leased a '14 iGT. The controls on her steering wheel do not light up. Are they supposed to? They do in my SGT.

Thanks,

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a friend at work who just leased a '14 iGT. The controls on her steering wheel do not light up. Are they supposed to? They do in my SGT.

Thanks,
I have a 2015 i Touring. The steering wheel controls most definitely light up on mine.

That doesn't quite confirm the 2014 i status though because it could be a 2015 trickle down change.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! She is going to contact the dealer.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just checked my 2014 iSport, and the steering wheel controls definitely light up. So, both your friend (leela222) and mmuy might want to check w/the dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2014 iGT and they light up. Only the door switches lights don't (except the drivers window) for whatever reason. I find it a bit annoying since it can't be that much of an expense lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the 2014 iGT and as far as I can remember the buttons on the steering wheel don't light up. Why would they? That would be distracting as hell.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not distracting. They are lit in my '14 sGT. My thought is if you have controls on the steering wheel they should light up because then they are totally useless at night. We all know how dark it is in this car at night.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The light level is low enough to not be distracting, but it is enough so that you can see what you're doing. Most of the steering wheel controls are second nature now but it's still good to have the backlighting there.

It does seem like the door controls could have been lit, but I don't typically need them while moving at night.

·
Registered
66 Posts
it lights up when you turn your headlights on.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I assumed they should to. She called the dealer and they just got back to her that yes they are supposed to light up, so she will be taking her car in to get fixed.

Reactions: nanxun

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stand corrected, I guess they are so not distracting that I never even noticed them! Yes, as others have already said, they do light up when the headlights are on. I've even added a picture for proof!

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Only the door switches lights don't (except the drivers window) for whatever reason. I find it a bit annoying since it can't be that much of an expense lol
I thought that was odd/stupid also :frown2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts