2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats ups guys, this is my first post so please be patient with me.

I just picked up a 2013 speed3 with 3k miles on it from Bob Baker Mazda in Carlsbad little over a week ago. I love the car to death! anyways ive noticed im getting an excessive amount of "soot" on my rear hatch and my exhaust tips. I have a CS Cold Air intake and turbo inlet pipe on the way but im kinda of hesitant to install it before getting this issue resolved. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
this is normal

Reactions: 760Speed3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its much more, goes from the bottom of bumper clear on up the lid. ill snap a picture on my lunch to give you a better idea.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Like sin loki said its completely normal. Welcome to the forum anyway. And make sure your next mods you buy are HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump - Autotech Interal) and Cobb Accessport. Post pics of your speed and tell us your plans. If you have any other questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
its much more, goes from the bottom of bumper clear on up the lid. ill snap a picture on my lunch to give you a better idea.
my CP-E CBE lowers this effect a little but it still does it. note the pitch black tips. it takes me 4 days ( 400 +/- miles) to get that way.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
mazdas are generally like that.. all the 3s i have owned have been like that, but the speed just gets it alil worse alil faster so ignore it its normal

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Welcome!
Yup, I hated that on my car when I first bought it. Black soot on white car = ugly.
But after research, I've learned that these cars naturally run rich, a small price to pay for a [email protected]$$ car!
Mine went away when I got new tips... the tips went a little past my bumper which someone made the soot stop collecting on my hatch. Maybe the wind... idk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts