2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i plan on getting new wheels and tires. I checked with the mazda dealership and they said they can't do it because its illegal? is that true? i have changed the gearing and trans in my mustangs many times in the past and had to change speedometer gears to fix my speedo.... this is a first for me.
is there a tool or places anyone can recommend me go to get this done since mazda isnt willing to help me?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Beat you to it chavy ;)

Alternatively there are hardware devices that can modify the signal. An example being the Yellowjacket Calibrator for S2000's

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You are supposed to stay within a 3% difference, so those size are fine. I mean the only downside is when it says you are doing 60mph, you are actually doing 61.8. To be honest I wouldn't even bother paying money to have that corrected. The tire size mentioned above would be ideal though.

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
wait i'm confused...
first you are talking about tire size and the speedo being off.. now your talking about offset.... two totally different things
what is your concern again... or don't you know?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i plan on getting new wheels and tires. I checked with the mazda dealership and they said they can't do it because its illegal? is that true? i have changed the gearing and trans in my mustangs many times in the past and had to change speedometer gears to fix my speedo.... this is a first for me.
is there a tool or places anyone can recommend me go to get this done since mazda isnt willing to help me?
I call bullshit on that. I mean youre in a different state that I dont know the laws of but ive never heard of it being illegal to have your speedometer working properly. Its literally a 5 minute process to do. Go to a different dealer

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Go to mazdausa.com. Find tire size on an S with 17" wheels. You now have your answer. I don't remember what it is off hand

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
296 Posts
i found it.. it's 205/50r17... but if i go 205/45r17 would it have an effect on my milage too or just the speed ?
not sure about that size... but heard it somewhere that with bigger wheels ull clock less mileage as the wheel rotate less at the same speed?

dont know if it makes sense what i just said hahaha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts