2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New here in the forum.
I never had a Mazda before, but I just bought a new Mazda 3 iGT here in Mexico.
(I recall someone said that some Mazdas 3 are made or assembled in Mexico, but the funny part is that my car is made in Japan...:001_huh:)
Anyway...my only complaint so far is that I´m used to install dashcams in the cars I owned....but this is the first car that has the power to the 12V DC outlet always on! even when the car is off and locked.

I installed a Garmin Dash Cam 45 and it needs a 12v outlet to power it. I managed to hide the cable all the way to the outlet, but when I turn off the car and lock it, the camera still remains on.

This is annoying because everytime I start the car I need to plug the camera..and when I turn it off, unplug it.

I even tried to install a new 12v cable from the fuse box in the driver´s side, but I realized that even the fuses always have power even when the car off and locked....weird.

This is my only complaint so far....

Sorry my bad english....looking forward to learn more things from you guys..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same here. That was a surprise to me since my other car I sold did not have this always on feature. Thought I was gonna have a dead battery at some point.

My car was made in Mexico. I’ve seen some made in Japan so I guess they’re doing both now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just run a wire through the rubber garment in the firewall to the under the hood fuse box! That what I did for my dash cam install in my 2019 Hatch...

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Just run a wire through the rubber garment in the firewall to the under the hood fuse box! That what I did for my dash cam install in my 2019 Hatch...
Hey Tric,

I'm getting ready to do this with a 2019 Mazda 3 Sedan. I even purchased this tool to make the hole: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXSECT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

So, here's my question. When you punched a hole in the rubber grommet, was it pretty easy to stay clear of the wiring harness that also goes through the grommet? Did you find it easier to punch through the rubber grommet in the cabin or in the engine bay? And finally, do you have any tips or advice you can share with me about doing this?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts