2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a car a week ago and had it once overed by a mechanic who gave it thumbs up. Drove it for 3 days and started making a rattling sound that quickly worsened.
Got someone more knowledgeable to take it for a test drive and
Issues described as; if the car is moving in gear with the clutch pressed or not it makes a really bad rattling sound from what sounds like the front right side in every gear except 5th (didn't try 6th bc the synchro is already going). Does not do it at idle or in neutral with clutch engaged or disengaged nor when revving. Clutch was replaced 10k miles ago by previous owner.

I brought it to a mechanic and he said it's the tranny related, but doesn't know exactly what unless he takes it apart; Quoting me at $2.5k.
I believe my more mechanically inclined people and I can replace the transmission ourselves, but i am have problems even finding one. Or a rebuild kit for a 2012 Mazda 3 S touring 6 speed manual transmission.
Does the mazda 3 have the C66M-R or G66M-R?
Is my transmission in other vehicles that i can use as a donor?
Anyone know where i could look into rebuild kit for it?

Edit: it is a 2.5L

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it has the Skyactiv-G 2.0 engine it will have the C66M-R transaxle. That was one of three engines available in '12. Easy to get the rebuild manual for same and Mazda has all internal parts for that transaxle available. This is not a BMW or Porsche. One of the reasons I bought a Mazda :) . No secrets surrounding internal parts / fully rebuildable...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it has the Skyactiv-G 2.0 engine it will have the C66M-R transaxle. That was one of three engines available in '12. Easy to get the rebuild manual for same and Mazda has all internal parts for that transaxle available. This is not a BMW or Porsche. One of the reasons I bought a Mazda :) . No secrets surrounding internal parts / fully rebuildable...
I forgot to add to the post but it is a 2.5L. Do they still have parts for 2.5l readily available? if so where can i find them bc they are not just easily coming up with google searches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts