2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the parking light #194 bulb on my 2010 3s GT with Sylvania Zevo LED #194 blue bulbs (I wanted the 6000k white but the local Advance Auto only had blue in stock). Interesting effect. I'm not 100% sold. I did try the 194s from the Cork Sport kit, but went back to the Sylvania.

Sylvania 194B LED Bulb 194BLED.BP: Advance Auto Parts

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if I'm 100% sold on these either. I'd probably stick with white or even amber LED's might look good. How blue do they look compared to the pictures?
Just be careful I know some states say that there can't be certain colors on the front of the car because it might portray an emergency vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if I'm 100% sold on these either. I'd probably stick with white or even amber LED's might look good. How blue do they look compared to the pictures?
Just be careful I know some states say that there can't be certain colors on the front of the car because it might portray an emergency vehicle.
You have a good point about local laws. Florida is usually fairly liberal with many traffic laws, but I'll have to double check about the blue lights in the front.
The blue is about the same as the OEM interior footwell/cabin overhead/door pull LEDs (may only be on Tech Pkg cars), only a bit brighter. Basically, slightly deeper blue than what the pics portray. The blue is not nearly as noticeable once the headlight (bi-xenon on mine) is on.
This pic most closely represents the tone of blue, at least on my laptop screen.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts