2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2010 MS3 Liquid Silver
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'10 MS3 do you guys get weak light output, when you turn your wheels while your car light is on, it seems to dim out on me a bit. Have you guys had that issue or if you can try it to see if its not only me

·
Registered
476 Posts
It may dim if you turn cuz it consumes power for your electric power steering pump therefore a slight drop in voltage which you can see in your headlights. If you have a voltmeter, check out your voltage while turning your steering wheel to see how much it drops. One fix is getting HID's, they will not dim

Try using your power windows, im pretty sure you'll notice your headlights will dim a bit especially if you power multiple windows simultaneously

·
2010 MS3 Liquid Silver
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i was looking for a voltage reader, like my evo8 has. The Mazda didn't come with one or did it? anyway does it happen to you too. Its pretty noticeable

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Mine barely dim! My old car i used to have a sound system and i swear it looked like i was a cop because i would dim so much you would think my headlights had strobes in them lol!

Reactions: siredline09

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine barely dim! My old car i used to have a sound system and i swear it looked like i was a cop because i would dim so much you would think my headlights had strobes in them lol!
thats what capacitors are for

·
Registered
501 Posts
my headlights would dim when i had the stock halogens in because the 2.slow can't produce enough juice at low rpm's i guess. No dimming or flickering with the HIDs though. When I'm reversing I see the reverse lights still dim when I turn the wheel, I guess that'll have to get solved through the use of LED backup lights (one of these days..I'm too busy spending money on my motorcycle haha)

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
If you're having issues with dimming, try the big 3 upgrade: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73496~PN~1

It will allow for electrical devices that push the factory system beyond it's original design to be properly grounded. This is mostly done for audio systems, but is applicable for just about any additional load on the electrical system. I guess I don't understand how this can be happening to you all though. I have a 240W RMS amp installed and there are no issues whatsoever...without any other upgrades at all.

·
2010 MS3 Liquid Silver
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats funny!!!! same here. I had a Civic SI 4 years ago with a sound system, and it also looked like a cop car.

·
D/A
328 Posts
thats what capacitors are for
True, but capacitors also put alot of load on your alternator because caps are basically batteries. You're better off doing the big 3 on your system when you get a loud sound system.

·
Registered
699 Posts
mine does it too and i have the GS 5door ... even hear the fan dip if it's on the 3-4 setting. one would think 100amps was enough but apparently not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts