2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1 Tester R&D vehicle wanted in Baltimore, MD area for RM- Free lowering springs!

Hi Folks,

After the confirmed incompatibility of the 2010-2013 RM springs on the 2014 models (see my attempt thread) Road Magnet is now seeking a test vehicle in the Baltimore, MD area. Best of all, you will get a complimentary set of springs!

Please read below for details and PM me if you are interested in participating. At this time Road Magnet is only seeking 1 vehicle.

====================

Road Magnet New Product R & D

What We Need From You:
• Your drivable vehicle for one week (7 consecutive days).

What Are We Doing?
• We will be designing and testing a new model of Road Magnet Lowering Springs on your vehicle.
• We will be removing your stock strut assembly and suspension springs. We will test and record all of the measurements of the stock springs, and use those measurements and dimensions to design our own, top of the line, lowering springs.
• Your vehicle will be worked on by a professional mechanic at all times.
• The lowering springs will be designed by a master spring maker, and tailored to give optimal performance and ride quality to the vehicle.
• Any test drives required for R & D will be driven by the company President, with our suspension technician as a passenger.
• The vehicle will be kept under lock & key, under a motion sensor alarm system, at all times in our shop.

What Do You Get?
• The FIRST set of Road Magnet Lowering Springs on the market for your particular vehicle.
• Installed and ready to drive away
• FREE OF CHARGE!!

Contact Info - Mention Jeff referred you.
Alaina Dougherty
Manager

8905 Kelso Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21221
866-419-7721

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If only they were in NC :[
I hear ya! RM has been great to work with up to now, so hopefully someone in that area will be able to swing it. Heck, maybe a group of us could chip in to pay for a rental car for the person volunteering ;-)
Then maybe I could get RM to kick us back a discount code on a group buy!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
rvoll: A master spring maker? In my day we called those guys blacksmiths!

@chris_top_her So where do I refer to a "master spring maker"? Is this supposed to refer to my advanced age? If so, your reference isn't even right. We used to call them "village smithy's" when we rode our horses into town. These are the guys that also repaired my armor when I was younger. Those jousting events really took a toll on that armor. Do you want some real history? Get out some 8 track tapes. And if you want to be really obscure to show you how old I am, I was the type of geek that built Winchester drive interfaces AS A HOBBY!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Bahahahahaha!
@rvoll

@AD13 It must be that evil-M of yours clouding brain activity. That reference didn't even relate to me. My suggestion next time is to do something a bit different -- actually read.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
@AD13 It must be that evil-M of yours clouding brain activity. That reference didn't even relate to me. My suggestion next time is to do something a bit different -- actually read.
whoa whoa, it was a light hearted joke (as you are probably the elder here). Sorry if you thought I was really trying to knock you. much respect.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
whoa whoa, it was a light hearted joke (as you are probably the elder here). Sorry if you thought I was really trying to knock you. much respect.
I was responding to AD13, not you. I hope you got my humorous response about the village smithy. You do realize I rode with Genghis and was one of the original Khan brothers. That's why I like metal trim so much.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was responding to AD13, not you. I hope you got my humorous response about the village smithy. You do realize I rode with Genghis and was one of the original Khan brothers. That's why I like metal trim so much.
So wait... What if we don't like chrome or metal trim and like black better. No one is hating on yours, so why do you have to critisize or call it rice to people who black them out.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So wait... What if we don't like chrome or metal trim and like black better. No one is hating on yours, so why do you have to critisize or call it rice to people who black them out.
@Amplified I'm not criticizing your choice. It's just that blacking out your car, plastidipping, evil-M's, loud exhausts, etc., are what primarily kids do to their cars. If you think being young is bad thing, then that's your problem. Yes, there are a very few exceptions to anything you might do, but I have yet to see virtually any 40+ people do those things. In the 60's, I had horn rimmed glasses and wore psychedelic shirts. I even had a Nehru jacket on on the one day it was in fashion. I didn't see many older folks doing that. It was a kid thing -- and that's just fine as I was a kid. After the Army and a war, I grew out of it. I never said that you should like what I'm doing and if I were young, you wouldn't catch me putting more chrome on the car.

As to being rice, many of those things are what ricers do -- and you know it. They have no performance impact and you think it makes a 184 hp car look hot. Isn't that what rice is all about? I'm not making the car look any hotter or faster. I'm just adding some minor chrome touches as accents. In fact, I doubt whether the average person would even notice. Too much chrome would be tacky IMO. They would notice a blacked out car that was lowered and had a loud exhaust and plastidipping, however. And the fact is that YOU want them to notice.

Capish?

·
Registered
371 Posts
@Amplified I'm not criticizing your choice. It's just that blacking out your car, plastidipping, evil-M's, loud exhausts, etc., are what primarily kids do to their cars. If you think being young is bad thing, then that's your problem. Yes, there are a very few exceptions to anything you might do, but I have yet to see virtually any 40+ people do those things. In the 60's, I had horn rimmed glasses and wore psychedelic shirts. I even had a Nehru jacket on on the one day it was in fashion. I didn't see many older folks doing that. It was a kid thing -- and that's just fine as I was a kid. After the Army and a war, I grew out of it. I never said that you should like what I'm doing and if I were young, you wouldn't catch me putting more chrome on the car.

As to being rice, many of those things are what ricers do -- and you know it. They have no performance impact and you think it makes a 184 hp car look hot. Isn't that what rice is all about? I'm not making the car look any hotter or faster. I'm just adding some minor chrome touches as accents. In fact, I doubt whether the average person would even notice. Too much chrome would be tacky IMO. They would notice a blacked out car that was lowered and had a loud exhaust and plastidipping, however. And the fact is that YOU want them to notice.

Capish?

My point here is that you're calling it all rice, I don't think people with the 2014's buy "loud" exhaust, but has those soft growls from corksport, racing beat, and etc. Yeah, we (most of the forum) have an age difference with you, but that should give you the authority to call their mods rice, and make fun of them. Pretty much, we all have different opinions, but I can just call your extra chrome rice that DIDN'T come with the car, no function, RICE. But I'm not, no one is, but you are towards the emblems that are painted black.

Capish?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok - I think you guys got your point across. Now you know what really rubs me the wrong way? People who hijack my threads!! :threadjacked 1: BTW - I am one of those 40+ year olds - To each his own.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My point here is that you're calling it all rice, I don't think people with the 2014's buy "loud" exhaust, but has those soft growls from corksport, racing beat, and etc. Yeah, we (most of the forum) have an age difference with you, but that should give you the authority to call their mods rice, and make fun of them. Pretty much, we all have different opinions, but I can just call your extra chrome rice that DIDN'T come with the car, no function, RICE. But I'm not, no one is, but you are towards the emblems that are painted black.

Capish?

@Amplified I'm not calling it ALL rice, you are just taking it that way because you don't like the term. Here is an excerpt directly from the urban dictionary:

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

These are ricer type mods. You certainly don't have to do all of them to generally fit the category. Is the evil-M an "aftermarket sticker"? You just don't want to be categorized with those people who do a poor job of mods. But the definition says nothing about the quality of the mod, does it? Just embrace what you are!

By the way, I see no definition of "ricer" that includes adding chrome accents. We old guys like a little chrome and yes, it does give away our age. Hot rods are loaded with chrome and most of them are owned by old guys.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ok - I think you guys got your point across. Now you know what really rubs me the wrong way? People who hijack my threads!! :threadjacked 1: BTW - I am one of those 40+ year olds - To each his own.
Great. Perhaps you can post a pic of your ride so we can see your SRI, body kit, debadging, loud exhaust and evil-M... By the way, I have absolutely nothing against lowering your car and using a RSB if you are going to drive it hard and are willing to take the degradation of ride quality.

You are welcome for the hijack, however. Did you get any takers yet?

·
Registered
468 Posts
To me, the 7days of time isn't worth a free set of springs.
Unless they at least provide you with a loaner.
But i'm sure there will be some takers here.
Can't wait to see some lowered cars. Especially people who decide to pull the trigger who have the
Tech Package. Hopefully it won't affect the vehicle's laser sensors.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
@rvoll
You are a troll.
Here is an exert from the urban dictionary you love so much.
"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

Every other day you are pissing someone else off. You are lucky I'm not a mod because I'd clean the trash like you off this site. This thread is about free Road Magnet springs so back on topic or STFU!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*UPDATE* from Road Magnet

Alright folks, lets get back on topic and enough of the "Rice" or "Nice" pissing contest; take it to a different thread.

Anyway, here is a bit more info from RM on the question of their typical R&D to Production timeline:

"The process for R&D for us normally takes about one week from when we receive the vehicle. Then we spend about 2-3 more days testing the springs themselves with fatigue testing, and other stress tests. From there, we start a production run, but can pull springs directly off the line to begin filling orders. We usually release springs to the public approximately 2 weeks from the date we get the vehicle into our shop.

We will also be offering the Mazda forum members a discount on the new springs, the same way we did for the previous models. Any word on a vehicle local to us? We can always contact the dealership we work with to try to obtain a vehicle, but we always prefer to pass the benefit of free springs along to a vehicle owner and not a dealership!

Let me know if there is anything I can do for the forum members in the mean time. We could feasibly be on target for the same release time as the other spring companies, IF we get a car. Basically, the sooner we find a vehicle, the sooner the springs are release, as our turnaround time is pretty quick for R&D and production.

Also, just FYI, we will be closing this afternoon and tomorrow for the Easter holiday."​

So is there anyone out there within range of Baltimore, MD to help make this happen? I'd do this myself, but Colorado is a bit of a hike for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts