2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glennk, Bfritts3, and I decided to get together for a mini-meet today. Longhorn burgers, a twisting mountain road, and pictures - fun times :)

The location was Mt. Scott in southwestern Oklahoma. The road going up to the 2,464 foot peak doesn't have a guardrail.

Bfritt's velocity red mica GT hatch, my crystal white pearl GT hatch, and Bfritt3's celestial blue GT sedan.

Glenn had to mess up the shot with his front plate. J/k, buddy! lol.

Glennk on the left and Bfritts3 on the right.

If you've ever wondered what hatchback headrests would look like on a sedan, here you go.

We got several looks from people walking by, some waves, and few thumbs-ups. One curious lady received a sales pitch and full walk-through. I didn't think you worked for Mazda, Glennk. lol.

More pics to come from Glennk and Bfritts3!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Bfritt's velocity red mica GT hatch, my crystal white pearl GT hatch, and Bfritt3's celestial blue GT sedan.
EDIT: Glenn's velocity red mica gt hatch. w/stupid front tag......

Derrick Being OCD!!!!!

Glenn and I on the COOL side of the parking lot

OCD really does pay off!!! ...... other then the bugs in the radiator

BTW if any of you go someplace with glenn make sure lil kids aren't around!!!
just kidding buddy i had a great time!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BTW if any of you go someplace with glenn make sure lil kids aren't around!!!
just kidding buddy i had a great time!!!!:clap:[/quote]

As my friend's grandmother would say, be still! LOL!!!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
To clue everyone in, I drove the back roads of Oklahoma for about 2-1/2 hours to get there. Needless to say, I hit a couple of bugs. Two of them actually seemed to be a couple and I got them "mid-hump". What a way to go out. Btw, what's wrong with wanting to have clean car? OCD is a matter of opinion :tongue:

Glenn does seem to have that sometimes unfortunate combination of loud voice and potty mouth, lol

Hey Glenn, I wish I could be as cool as you and quote a wall of photos. Ha!

What's with the ONE pic of Glenn's tag garbled and the rest clear as day? lol @ that!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hey now, I didn't post the OCD pics...that's Bfritts! As for my potty mouth and loud voice, what can I say? I'm Texan. :clap:

A wall of photos? Where?

-G-

P.S. I've uploaded the pics to my album.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I took down most of my photo's, I forgot to photoshop Glenn's tag. I'll put them back up in a bit.

·
1,234 Posts
Wow guys, great pics! Looks like you all had a fun time taking pics. The wheel color looks awesome on the white Mazda 3 hatchback!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Wow guys, great pics! Looks like you all had a fun time taking pics. The wheel color looks awesome on the white Mazda 3 hatchback!
It was very cool, Josh. Derrick found an awesome back road for some "spirited" driving. Needless to say, our cars are FULLY broken in. Just wish I'd had the camera handy when we went over the century marker on the speedo.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was very cool, Josh. Derrick found an awesome back road for some "spirited" driving. Needless to say, our cars are FULLY broken in. Just wish I'd had the camera handy when we went over the century marker on the speedo.
Nah, the real spirited driving was when I raced to get to Meers. I thought for sure I was going to be late. I think I got on three wheels once. Those 30-35mph blind corners are strung together back-to-back and will eat your lunch if you aren't careful. I can now say without a doubt that I love my new RSB :)

·
Registered
655 Posts

I think Derrick missed a few spots...look at the grill! :shifty:

shhhhhh he doesn't need to work on the car till 2 in the morn. again!!!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My baby had bugs in her teeth. I couldn't just take photos of her that way, now could I? lol.

LOL! On a serious note, Derrick's car is spotless...
Other than the 2 rock chips. Freakin' Mazda and their worthless paint.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My baby had bugs in her teeth. I couldn't just take photos of her that way, now could I? lol.

Other than the 2 rock chips. Freakin' Mazda and their worthless paint.

derrick the car looks good bro!!!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still can't get over how much that velocity red mica SHINES. The pictures really don't do it justice. It makes my pearl look pretty weak. Sad panda :(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
What really sucks? I don't even go to a third of the effort Derrick does! The Velocity Red is a great color, but I love the white too (was my second choice).

FYI... I got 25.05 mpg with all of our crazy driving.

·
Registered
655 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts