2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a perfectly good 2007 Mazda3 S HB sunlight silver that I bought new and I started to add mods like RX8 rims, K&N CAI, tint, etc.... Well, my bro bought a 2009 Pontiac G8 and I got drawn into the 361 HP, 6.0L V8, rear wheel drive, "sport" sedan. I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota with the V8 and the G8 reminded me of the power of a V8 and I missed it. So I did a stupid thing and traded my 3 for a G8. Well not only did I get a high horsepower V8 sedan, but I also got a horrible 14 MPG, high maintenance costs, stupid interior design (power window switches and locks located in CENTER by shifter), and a pissed off wife who loved the Mazda! And the worst part that I got was the "GREAT" GM reliability. I had the G8 for 6 months and it was in the repair shop over 7 times, 4 of which were for an oil leak, that they still couldn't locate! Well I had some strong words for the sales manager and after 4 hours I am finally back. The dealer took back the Pontiac and I walked (or drove) away with a brand new 2010 pearl white Mazda3 sport HB with moonroof, Bose 6 CD changer, nav, Blue tooth, auto...Pretty much fully loaded minus leather power seats and auto a/c! Thank goodness I came to my senses! :clap:

·
Super Mod
382 Posts
Well welcome back to Mazda lol.. I'm in a similar boat. My first car was a 2004 Mazda 3s, now a 2005 350Z, and I have the Z up for sale and thinkin to get a 2010 Mazda 3.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
So, I had a perfectly good 2007 Mazda3 S HB sunlight silver that I bought new and I started to add mods like RX8 rims, K&N CAI, tint, etc.... Well, my bro bought a 2009 Pontiac G8 and I got drawn into the 361 HP, 6.0L V8, rear wheel drive, "sport" sedan. I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota with the V8 and the G8 reminded me of the power of a V8 and I missed it. So I did a stupid thing and traded my 3 for a G8. Well not only did I get a high horsepower V8 sedan, but I also got a horrible 14 MPG, high maintenance costs, stupid interior design (power window switches and locks located in CENTER by shifter), and a pissed off wife who loved the Mazda! And the worst part that I got was the "GREAT" GM reliability. I had the G8 for 6 months and it was in the repair shop over 7 times, 4 of which were for an oil leak, that they still couldn't locate! Well I had some strong words for the sales manager and after 4 hours I am finally back. The dealer took back the Pontiac and I walked (or drove) away with a brand new 2010 pearl white Mazda3 sport HB with moonroof, Bose 6 CD changer, nav, Blue tooth, auto...Pretty much fully loaded minus leather power seats and auto a/c! Thank goodness I came to my senses! :clap:
Like everyone else said, welcome back to Mazda. I can relate to the Pontiac thing. I had an 02 Grand Prix GT before my Mazda 3. I liked the car most of the time, except when it was in the shop! I had some really stupid problems with it while I owned it! Super glad to be a Mazda owner, the quality and craftsmanship is so much better!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
EVERYONE I know has had horrible luck with Pontiacs, have a friend that had, and I quote, "something come loose in the engine," and have to have a new engine put in their G6.

Congrats and welcome back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts