2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure why I haven't joined before now, but I've been driving Mazdas for the last eight years.

I have a 2006 Mazda3 s Touring 5-door, Titanium Gray with Black/Red Checkered Cloth, 5-speed manual and 94,000 miles. I bought it new in December 2005 after almost a month of trying to find the model/color/option combo that I wanted. I drove 280 miles one-way to buy it and, amazingly, it still looks great after eight years.

After four years and thousands of dollars in repairs on a 2007 Ford Explorer from hell, I finally got rid of it in November 2012. I dropped it off for my mechanic to check out (a frequent occurence) and he called me a few hours later to tell me I needed to "dump the thing ASAP unless you want to spend a lot more on repairs in the very near future"! That was all the encouragement I needed.

I traded it for a new 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD, Crystal White Pearl Mica with Sand Leather, Moonroof/Bose Pacakge....everything EXCEPT navigation. The nav system dated back to the CX-9's 2007 introduction and the display looked ancient and cheap...no thanks. The 'facelifted' 2013 CX-9 was already on dealer lots, so they were itching to move the 2012 models. I got an awesome deal on an awesome SUV/Crossover!

I don't need a new car, but from the moment I saw the 2014 Mazda6 I've been wanting one. At least until I saw the 2014 Mazd3 5-door! I'm not sure when I'll be getting one, but it's inevitable....

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts