2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Mazda 3 , I have fitted a fuel management system and now my engine temp gauge don't work.

Can someone help me with pinout diagram for the cluster temp gauge wiring.
Can some one educate me on how the cluster heat gauge works cause it seems different as to older cars were u could earth the sender wire and gauge shoots up on this cluster I would like to understand how it's activated as I would like to make the original gauge work:unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry you need to provide more info, how is it connected? Are you using CANBUS? OBD port?
M3 2006 diagram it requires an internet browser with flash installed.
Good day thank you so much for your reply.

I do not fully understand what info u need,
I have a fuel management system connected to the engine , the two pin temp switch is wired up to the management ECU. My question is where or which wires go to the dash cluster that controls the heat gauge.

If I can locate the main cluster heat gauge wires and understand how it works then I could probably wire it up to my fuel management ECU or I could install a sender unit along the water line.

So a very simple request is can I have a pinout diagram for the cluster?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Look at the wiring diagram I've posted, the engine coolant temp sensor is connected directly to the ECU (PCM), not cluster, data is sent from ECU to the Instrument Cluster thru CANBUS network then is converted back from digital to an analog voltage that feeds gauge.
If fuel management is connected directly in the CANBUS is interfering with data sent to the gauge, that's the reason of my question, if not wired into Canbus, wiring from the sensor to ECU got damage while installing fuel mgmt.

Start troubleshooting by removing your installation and see if gauge comes back to life.
If it's interfering a possible solution is to wired ECT sensor to an external gauge or direct to the gauge in cluster, big job and there's not diagrams.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to no which are the instrument cluster temp gauge wires.?

Will you have a pinout diagram of the instrument cluster?

Thank you for your attention

1 - 5 of 5 Posts