2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to find the best possible location to put a 0 gauge power wire on my MZ3 hatch manual. I've checked the threads and I've seen lots of 4g and lower but no real talk about 0g. The places where the 4g is in will not really fit 0g. Power steering under the driver side would be such an intense pain. All the grommets don't really have space to cut and fit from what I can see. I'm really pulling towards cutting a new hole for it. Any suggestions?

Just a few things so I don't have to hear the usual "do you really need it?" and other advices that don't really pertain to the wiring itself that I've seen in many other threads.
-I do need 0 gauge
-big 3 done
-running 6 Type R coaxial, 2 components, 2 12s (@ 1ohm) and purchasing 2 more 10s this week.
-Kenwood Excelon KAC-X810D 1600w (stable @ 1ohm) Mono amp and Wetsounds 900w 6 channel amp.
-5 Farad Cap
-200amp high output alternator from excessive amperage on its way
-and a higher end battery, it's the best I could buy in my city.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing I should say. This is all going into my car as soon as the power wire goes in and so does the HO Alternator, it's not in yet. I wrote off my last car with all of this and am trying to run it all again.

·
Wannabe race car driver
21 Posts
I ran 0 awg in my 3 sedan, and I did it through the passenger side. If you look down in the engine bay, theres a little part in the firewall that looks like a large circle. I got a small cordless drill (yet powerful), drilled through it, put a grommet in and ran my wire through there. Sometimes it's easier to go from the passenger side out... but be warned, you have to take the glovebox out (not that hard of a process, just a pain).

So unfortunately, the only simple way to do it with 0 awg is drilling a hole.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
^^ This. @chrisc setup is exactly how I have my setup too, or I should say will be. Right now I have a 4 gauge running thru exactly how chrisc has it but I'll be running 0 gauge in there soon. The other thing I would point out is that if you have an HO alternator, you shouldn't really need that cap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! I ended up doing exactly that and drilled through that little circle.
The reason I got the cap is from my old setup from when I didn't have an HO Alternator. I just kept it and ran with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts