2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is one year old, has been perfect. Instrument display panel sticking up above the dashIs now dead. Detailed the interior yesterday, and now the center stack IP display is frozen — just showing the five major “circles.” It will change not change from them no matter how I twist the controller, press on every knob immediately around it.

I never spray detailer, nor leather cleaner other than first onto a microfiber, so did not get any electronics wet.

Did I inadvertently press a dash, console or steering wheel button that I am unaware of?

Any suggestions other than heading off to the dealer?

Thank you very much.

·
*The Electrician*
996 Posts
IP? Heads up display? speedo? entertainment unit? Im lost

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for asking. Just edited my OP.

The mini-tablet display that sticks up above the dash one which one can see radio stations, nav screen, fuel readouts, settings, etc.

BTW, I have the Premium Equipment Package.

·
*The Electrician*
996 Posts
press and hold these 3 "back" "nav" "mute"(volume knob down) Press and hold for about 10 seconds and it should reset it. Mine freezes randomly once in a blue moon, quick reset and it's good. Does not reset your settings either, those are saved thankfully.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thanks for asking. Just edited my OP.

The mini-tablet display that sticks up above the dash one which one can see radio stations, nav screen, fuel readouts, settings, etc.

BTW, I have the Premium Equipment Package.
You could try to restart it when the car is running. I had an issue where it was stuck on the Mazda symbol and I performed the restart and it fixed it. Idk if it'll work for you though. Anyways, the button combo is: back + nav + mute if you want to give it a try.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. It worked beautifully. Thank you Midnightsky228 and Hawk94. Worked lke a charm and in fact by holding all three down as you suggested, the radio and more came on in about 4 seconds. EXCELLENT!

No dealer trip. Car back to healthy. LOVE forums for such great help.

THANK YOU!

·
*The Electrician*
996 Posts
happy to help ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts